Factor 4 Establish a process to help people meet performance goals.
Business is becoming increasingly complex. Customer expectations are higher and higher, you need your employees to be able to change their knowledge and skills quickly and raise their performance “bar”. Leading edge organisations are re-thinking their philosophies and human resources strategies to align their employees’ performance goals with their organisational vision, values, and strategic plans. These leading edge organisations are evolving from a single “overall” rating appraisal system, to one evaluating their people’s profiles of strengths and needs for developmental areas. They focus on developing people behaviours/skills, introducing multi-source feedback systems and re-examining the mechanism for pay linkage, in other words they embrace the performance leadership programme principles based on
- Applying continuous improvement to individual and team performance
- Aligning individual efforts with business needs
- Conducting real dialogues between the employee and his/her manager, not just processing a form
- Defining common framework and measurement criteria for all employees
- Looking at results and behaviours of people to deliver high performances, it is not about measuring personality trait
- Maximising job fit and defining shared responsibility to avoid overlaps
- Focusing their employees on their current job requirements to deliver the expected results.
Your employees will feel being valued and adequately rewarded. They will understand what is expected from them both in terms of business performances and behaviours and they will serve your customers with enthusiasm, as they will be highly motivated. All the above will lead to:
- High customer satisfaction and loyalty so your customers will buy more from you and your profit will increase
- Your existing customers will be your best advocate and will recommend you to friends and you will get new customers increasing your sales and profit even more.
I will explore the 5th and last factor on how to keep high morale in your organization:
“Encourage creativity and innovations through wisdom networks”
on October 20th 2011.
In the meantime if you would like to discuss any of the above points please feel free to contact me at jb@macint,co.uk or call me on +44 1656 766 363 .